Example: Raise awareness of waste sorting among residents
The communities propose more and more solutions to sort and evacuate waste. However, it is important to know about them and to use them properly.
A community of municipalities in a rural area offers its residents several collection solutions: door-to-door collection once a week, voluntary drop-off points (PAV) spread throughout the territory and two waste collection centers offering different collection bins. A bulky waste removal service is also available on request.
The person in charge of the Environment & Energy Transition Pole wanted to inform as many people as possible of the existence of these facilities and to facilitate their use by the inhabitants.
In addition to its website, the local authority has set up a service with Agora Software on the Messenger and WhatsApp messaging applications allowing users to be notified when necessary and to ask practical questions such as:
- What are the collection days in my neighborhood?
- What is the availability of RRPs, for each type of waste?
- What are the opening hours of each of the two waste collection centers?
- I have a piece of waste that I don’t know what to do with, can you advise me?
- How do I schedule a bulky waste collection ?
Elements that must interact:
Fill rate of the containers of the Voluntary Drop-Off Points
Door-to-door collection schedule, waste collection center schedules
Appointment scheduling system
For the collection of bulky items (Office 365 or other dedicated solution)
The CC's communication department
For the dissemination of information concerning collection (schedule changes due to vacations, climatic events, prevention and awareness messages, qualitative and quantitative information on the service, requests for suggestions, etc.)
Through their favorite messaging app
To go further...
Pollution is other people’s fault? Not only, that’s why everyone must take concrete action, for significant results.
The ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency) has identified 6 areas in which everyone can act on a daily basis and contribute to a better environment: at the office, consumption, at home, parents, vacations and leisure, and finances. For example, at the office (or while telecommuting):
- Renew the air every morning: open the windows to renew the air and expel pollutants, even in winter.
- Save water: an employee consumes up to 30 liters of water per day. Turn off the taps properly, use the flush saver.
- Turn off lights when leaving the office or a meeting room.
- Turn off your computer at lunch break and in the evening. Do the same for the printer every evening (computer equipment represents 21% of the electricity consumption of companies).
- In winter, during the day, keep the heat in: close the doors to less heated spaces (storage rooms, staircases…), leave the radiators free.
When leaving, turn down the radiators and close the shutters, blinds or curtains to reduce heat loss (up to 60%!).
- Moderate the use of air conditioning: it consumes up to 20% of energy in large office buildings. The recommended minimum temperature is 26°C, with a maximum difference of 4°C from the outside temperature. Keep the windows closed during the day and turn off the air conditioning when you leave.
- Stop wasting paper: 25% of documents are thrown away 5 minutes after printing and 16% of printouts are never read.
What if you went further in optimizing the uses of your city?
Other cases of application to improve the life of citizens: facilitate the registration to leisure centers or nursery, report the removal of bulky or graffiti, manage the booking of appointments for civil status procedures, respond to requests for daily local information (on-call pharmacies, schedules of municipal structures, questions on elections, monitoring air quality …), disseminate and analyze a citizen consultation.
These articles might interest you
A digital territory project is not only a choice of technology The success of a project as complex as the Olympic Games requires the
Which plan for your city?
Eco-responsible gestures, reminder of good practices and information on local structures,
Whether you want to communicate on several social networks or a single message,
Whether you are addressing the inhabitants of your city or the entire population of your department,
Our team will be able to assist you in implementing your eco-gesture scenario by configuring our offer to your needs.
Contact us for more information!